Mickey’s Dazzling Christmas Parade is this years (2021) new holiday parade at Disneyland Paris. The parade is performed both during daylight hours as well as at night.
The parade is composed of 5 enormous floats and numerous performers. It’s not often that we get to peak behind the scenes of how the magic is made at Disney Parks. Disneyland Paris recently shared an insightful interview with the talented Tiphaine, who works as a stage designer assistant within the Entertainment Creative Department.
Tiphaine’s job consists of turning the set designer drawings into an actual product made up of paint an resin.
The finalising of the parade began in 2019. The floats sketches had been illustrated by Jody Daily and the 3D models sculpted.
Now paints and finishes needed to be selected, which, as Tiphaine reveals was a challenge.
In order to narrow down the selection, paints are tested on scale models.
The parade needed to look beautiful no matter the time of day (or night). Which was a challenge when it came to selecting the right paint.
By carefully combining varnish and colored ink the floats could look beautiful even when illuminated.
Check Out Our Complete Video of The Nighttime Parade Here:
Check Out The Full Interview Here:
- Avengers Campus Entertainment Cut | Disneyland Paris
- Mistake’s to Avoid at Disneyland Paris
- New Disney Fashion Junior Façade Leaked | Disney Village 2.0
- Marvel Nighttime Drone Show “Avengers: Power the Night” to Premiere in Walt Disney Studios Park Paris
- “Disney Dreams!” Nighttime Spectacular Returns to Disneyland Paris